Zoning Board of Appeals
Current Board Members
Gregory Constantino, Chair
Maggie Wachter, Student Commissioner
Intent & Purpose
- To act on all matters required under the Zoning Ordinance for single-family and two-family dwellings units only
- To hold public hearings on petitions for variations from standards established by the Zoning Ordinance, make written findings of fact, and submit the same with recommendations to the Village Board prior to review of the petitions by the Village Board
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities include:
- To establish a time for and conduct public hearings and make written finding of fact and recommendations to the Village Board concerning applications for all Zoning Variations for single family and two-family dwellings, in the manner prescribed by and subject to the standards established in the Zoning Code
- To hear and decide appeals from any final order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official charged with the enforcement of the Zoning Code
- To hear and decide all matters referred to it by the Village Board or upon which it is required to act under the Zoning Code, or as prescribed by the applicable provisions of the Illinois Revised Statutes
The Zoning Board of Appeals meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month at 7:00 PM at the Glen Ellyn Civic Center.
Agendas & Minutes
To view current and past agendas and minutes for the Village's Boards & Commissions, please visit here.
Public Comment Form
If you wish to offer public comment, or if you would like your name read into record with a stated position, please complete this form.
To apply to serve on one of the Village's Boards & Commissions, visit here.