Skip to page body Home About MPO What's New Programs and Documents Resources
Contact Us|Employment|FOIA Request

The Village Clerk administers certain licenses and permits issued by the Village of Glen Ellyn including liquor licenses, raffle licenses and solicitor’s permits.  For more information on any of the following licenses and permits, please Contact the Village Clerk’s Office or at 630-469-5000. The Clerk's Office is located at the Glen Ellyn Civic Center, 535 Duane Street, Glen Ellyn (2nd Floor).
Liquor License
The Village of Glen Ellyn requires businesses to apply for and receive approval from the Village Board in order to sell or serve liquor at their establishments (or at special events).  Different types of liquor licenses are approved for various types of events and establishments.  For more information on liquor license classifications, liquor license requirements and fees, please Contact the Village Clerk and consult Title 3, Chapter 19 of the Village Code - found below.
Solicitor's Permit
Any organization or charitable group wishing to solicit within the Village of Glen Ellyn must apply for a permit from the Village.  If your organization or charitable group wishes to solicit within the Village, please complete the Solicitor’s Permit Form below and return it to the Village Clerk’s Office.
Raffle License
The Village of Glen Ellyn requires organizations wishing to conduct a raffle within Glen Ellyn to apply for a Raffle License.  Only religious, charitable, labor, business, fraternal, educational, or veteran’s organizations that operate without profit to their members are eligible to conduct a raffle.  In the case of a non-profit fundraising organization, raffles can occur only for the purpose of providing financial assistance to an identified individual or group of individuals suffering extreme financial hardship as the result of an illness, disability, occurrence, or disaster. If your organization is interested in and eligible to conduct a raffle, please complete the Raffle License Application Form below and return it to the Village Clerk’s Office.
Block Party
Residents interested in hosting a block party in their neighborhood must complete a block party request form - found below.  The Village requires block party request forms be submitted to the Village at least two weeks prior to the proposed event. Many residents request block parties in their neighborhoods during the summer months, so please submit block party request forms as soon as possible. In addition, if you are interested in having a Glen Ellyn Police Officer bring a squad car to your block party, please contact the Glen Ellyn Police Department at 630-469-1187.
In cooperation with the Village of Glen Ellyn, the Glen Ellyn Park District offers residents the opportunity to use a Block Party Wagon during block party events.  The wagon contains 100 chairs, ten tables, a large outdoor grill, and a bean bag toss game.  The Park District will drop off the wagon prior to the event and pick it up afterward.  The Block Party Wagon is available on a first-come, first-served basis.  For more information and reservations for the Block Party Wagon, please call the Glen Ellyn Park District at 630-858-2462.
Glen Ellyn Civic Center
Office Hours
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
535 Duane St. Glen Ellyn IL. 60137
(630) 469 5000
©Village of Glen Ellyn, IL