Building permit applications and plans may be submitted electronically and will be processed in the following way:
- Application forms can be found on the Village’s website.
- Customers shall submit all required paperwork via mail or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternate ways to submit plans are to put them in the drop box behind the Civic Center if they are small, or drop them off in the front vestibule of the Civic Center during normal working hours. The interior doors to the Civic Center will remain closed. Please call to inform the department that your plans were dropped off. If paper plans and documents are submitted, applicants should follow-up with an electronic copy of the documents, if possible.
- All documents must be received in .pdf format to allow viewing by staff.
- Staff will process applications and contact the applicant with any questions or requests for additional information.
- Resubmittals should also be filed electronically.
- For permit fee payment, customers can call the Community Development Department with their credit card information over the phone, place a check in the mail or drop box behind the Civic Center.
- The permit placard and approved documents will be emailed or mailed directly to the customer.
While digital plans are accepted for plan review, the submittal of at least 2 paper copies of full size plans for all commercial projects and new single-family homes prior to permit issuance is still required. As usual, both sets of plans will be stamped approved; one copy will be retained for the Village files and one copy will be provided to the applicant. A Village-approved print set must still be maintained at the construction site.
Each Building Permit Application must include construction plans and documents that indicate the location on a Plat of Survey, nature and extent of the work in sufficient detail to verify it will comply with the applicable codes and regulations. These plans and documents must be prepared and certified by an Illinois State licensed architect or structural engineer, except when the project does not include structural or significant life safety work as determined by the Building Official.
The type and quantity of submittals required for some typical projects are listed on the Minimum Plan Review Submission Requirements (see page 2 of the Building Permit Application (PDF), and submittal procedures are further explained on the Project Submission Procedures (PDF). These forms are only intended as a guide for the initial application submittal. Additional submittals, if any, will be identified upon the first plan review.