As of March 16, 2020, in accordance to Governor Pritzker’s Executive Order 2020-07, the Village continues to hold essential Village Board and Board/Commission meetings. However, due to health concerns, the public is encouraged to view meetings and participate remotely.
Residents have the opportunity to submit public comment for Finance Commission meetings by completing a public comment form. All public comments submitted prior to the Audience Participation portion of the agenda will be read into the official record, and any comments received during the meeting will be read into the record during the appropriate portion of the agenda.
Intent & Purpose
The purpose of the Commission is to provide advisory recommendations to the Village Board on financial matters that have a long-term focus. The commission’s role therefore does not include responsibilities of day-to-day operational oversight. The members of the Finance Commission are specifically charged with:
- Reviewing and making recommendations concerning the Village’s long-term financial strategy, focusing upon multi-year trends with revenues, expenditures and future service delivery
- Reviewing and making recommendations concerning Village purchasing policies, borrowing or debt issuance, revenue generation, management reporting or investments
- Reviewing and making recommendations concerning development incentives, special taxing districts, special service areas, tax increment financing districts or other multi-year funding intended for development or redevelopment
- Reviewing and making recommendations concerning the Village’s financial policies
- Reviewing the comprehensive annual financial report
- Undertaking special projects that may be assigned from time to time by the President and Village Board or the Village Manager
The Finance Commission meets the 2nd Monday of the Month at 7:00 AM at the Glen Ellyn Civic Center.
Agendas & Minutes
To view current and past agendas and minutes for the Finance Commission, please visit the online portal.
To view current members, current openings and to apply for vacant positions visit the Boards and Commissions online portal.