As a Certified Local Government through the State of Illinois, the Village must collect data on its housing stock through Architectural Resource Surveys (ARS). ARS provide a variety of important information to the Village including:
- Maintenance of the Certified Local Government Status achieved by the Village in 2003, and the access to federal funding for historic preservation efforts that comes with the designation
- Expansion of the Village’s body of data on existing historic homes
- Creation of residential interest in preservation
- Encouragement of homeowner consideration of steps such as landmarking
- Encouragement of homeowner application for placement on the National Registry
- Encouragement of homeowner application for property tax freeze available for restoration projects on historic properties
Please view the Village’s survey results from the 2002, 2007, 2009 and 2010 architectural resources surveys. Contact Community Development at 630-547-5250 with any questions regarding these completed surveys or the current architectural resource survey in progress.
View the Architectural Resource Survey archives.