The Village of Glen Ellyn is planning and preparing for complications which may arise locally from the spread of COVID-19. This includes continued coordination with other local and state agencies including the Illinois Department of Public Health, DuPage County Health Department and the DuPage County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DCOHSEM).
Health experts have advised municipal level preparation and requested assistance with mitigating the effects of the Coronavirus.
The Village strongly encourages anyone who suspects they may have the coronavirus or have been in exposed to the virus to contact a medical professional immediately.
Monday, March 23 Update:
The Village of Glen Ellyn is very appreciative of the overall compliance that was witnessed over the first weekend with the Stay At Home Order. We understand the inconvenience this causes, but respectful request that we continue to abide by this order to keep us all safe.
The Civic Center, the Public Works facility and both Fire Stations remain closed to the public, but operational. Village staff continues to be available via email and phone to answer questions and process transactions, as we continue to provide essential services. As this situation continues to evolve and change, several Village departments are adjusting their services and operations, including the following:
The Village’s Community Development Department continues to operate with new protocols in place to assist residents and the building and construction tradesmen that are exempt from the Governor’s stay-at-home executive order. Plan review, building permit and inspection services will continue at a reduced level. Please make note of the following adjustments to services:
- Building permits and plans can be submitted the following ways:
- Plans can be submitted electronically by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plans can be dropped off in the vestibule just inside the front doors of the Civic Center during normal working hours. The interior doors to the Civic Center will remain closed. Please call (630) 547-5250 to inform the department that your plans have been dropped off.
- If plans are small, they may also be placed in the drop box at the rear of the Civic Center.
- Building inspections will continue with some limitations. Photographs may be submitted in lieu of an inspection, however, additional photos or views may be necessary and an in-person inspection may still be needed in some cases. Further residential inspection protocols can be found here.
Please be patient with the department as they work through the challenges associated with new protocols. Staff continues to check emails and voicemails daily, however, please allow for additional time to return phone calls and emails.
Village business including transactions for vehicle stickers, utility bills and other payments can be conducted online, over the phone or by mail. Residents are asked to visit our website, or call (630) 469-5000 to conduct this business. Additionally, a drop box in the parking lot behind the Civic Center can be used for document and payment delivery.
The Village is taking additional steps to help residents and businesses during this time, including:
- Suspension of water shut-offs. During this time, the Village will not be shutting off water to our customers.
- Suspension of utility bill penalties. During this time, The Village will be suspending penalties on our utility bill accounts.
- Suspension of Clearwater inspections and fees. The Village will suspend Clearwater inspection requirements and Clearwater fees for real estate transfer stamps during this time.
- Delay of Food and Beverage Returns and Filings: The Village will delay Food and Beverage filing and payments by two months. The March 2020 return and payment will be due June 20, 2020. This extension is valid through the return for the filing for June 2020, which would be due August 20, 2020.
- Delay of Vehicle Sticker Display Date: Residents now have until June 1, 2020 to display a new Village vehicle sticker. Late fees will not be applied until July 1, 2020.
To read prior daily updates and to get more information, visit the Village’s dedicated Coronavirus webpage.