Monday, November 30 is the last scheduled day for yard waste and leaf collection, with stickers affixed. Please plan accordingly.
Yard Waste: Green Yard Waste Sticker ($2.74)
- All cans/bags (no plastic) of yard waste require one sticker each.
- Yard waste can be contained in Kraft paper bags (not plastic) and/or an unlined 33-gallon trash container with sticker. Containers must be placed separate from regular refuse with sticker facing the street so it can be seen by waste hauler.
- Branch and brush can also be put out for this final pick up. Branch and brush should be in bags, cans or bundled with twine; each bundle or can requires one yard waste sticker (maximum weight of 50lbs).
- Sod is not yard waste; dispose of as refuse.
Leaf Collection: Yellow Leaf Waste Sticker ($1.65)
- Leaves a must be disposed of in a Kraft paper bag (sorry no reusable carts or bins for use with leaf stickers).
- Leaf stickers can only be used only in October and November.
Where to Purchase Stickers
Refuse, yard waste and leaf stickers are available through the mail from Groot Industries by calling (847) 429-7370
Stickers can be purchased at the following locations:
- Civic Center, Finance Department, 535 Duane Street, 1st Floor, Glen Ellyn
- Jewel-Osco 599 Roosevelt Road, Glen Ellyn
- Jewel-Osco 2031 N. Main Street, Wheaton
- Len’s Ace Hardware 485 Roosevelt Road, Glen Ellyn
- Pete’s Market 880 Roosevelt Road, Glen Ellyn
For more information on refuse, recycling and yard waste guidelines and reminders, visit the Village’s website.