The Glen Ellyn Historic Preservation Commission supports homeowners and builders who help preserve our Village's historic character. Each year the Commission reviews projects completed within the previous year for its annual Historic Preservation Awards.
Entries were accepted for residential (single-family and multi-family), commercial and institutional buildings. The Commission discussed the merits of each application and selected the following recipients for their projects completed in 2020:
- Restoration of the Year Award: Justin and Suzanne Cafferty (335 N. Main Street)
- Remodel of the Year Award - Residential: Sean and Amanda Pfeiffer (345 Spring Avenue)
- Remodel of the Year Award - Commercial: Doug and Lacie Flannery (484 N. Main Street)
- Streetscape Compatibility Award: Kristin and Michael Albrecht (429 Arlington Avenue)
- Architectural Details Award: Jacob and Patty Weaver (773 Crescent Boulevard)
- Honorable Mention for Remodel of the Year: Rob and Megan Brown (641 Hill Avenue)
For a full description, including photos, of the 2020 award winners, please visit here.