In April 2019, Milton Township accepted the consolidation of the Glen Ellyn Mosquito Abatement District.
The Township now manages the annual mosquito control program to prevent mosquito breeding and suppress mosquito populations, including those that carry mosquito-borne disease. The Township contracts with Clarke Mosquito to conduct its mosquito control operations, which include:
- Surveillance to identify populations and species
- Mapping of mosquito breeding sites
- Larval mosquito control to prevent mosquito eggs from developing
- Adult mosquito control - triggered when risk of disease transmission is high
Visit the Milton Township Mosquito Abatement website for further information.
Residents who have questions or if you would like to report instances of standing water, please call the Clarke Mosquito Hotline at (800) 942-2555.
Sign-up to Receive Spray Notifications
Residents desiring advance notification of public health night mosquito control applications via text or email must register on the Clarke Portal. Please note that phone call notifications are discontinued as of 2019.
Steps to sign-up to receive notifications:
- Go to the Clark Portal website.
- Select Register at the bottom of the form.
- Select I AM A RESIDENT and complete the form.
- Create your own password. You will be sent a confirming email. Once you open that email you will be able to log in and choose your notification preferences.